About the High School Internship Program
The Urban Alliance High School Internship Program is a 10-month paid, professional internship program currently active in Washington, DC, Baltimore, Chicago, and Northern Virginia. You must apply to be in the program. Once accepted, you will:
- Work part-time (paid) during the school year, Monday-Thursday.
Find out where our students work.
- Attend life-skills and job readiness workshops on Friday during the school year. Topics include conflict resolution, interview skills, professional writing, and work etiquette.
- Receive college/career planning assistance.
- Work full-time (paid) during the summer, Monday-Thursday.
- Attend professional development workshops on Friday during the summer.
To see which high schools Urban Alliance partners with in your region, scroll down.
To apply you must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be eligible for an authorized off campus/early release schedule
- Complete an application and submit it with references to Urban Alliance
Applications for the 2016-17 High School Internship Program are available now for all regions!
- Apply online.
- Download the Counselor Recommendation form and UA Consent forms here. These forms are required. Applications are not complete until these signed documents are received by Urban Alliance.
- Please note the following application due dates:
- Baltimore: September 14, 2016
- Chicago: September 5, 2016
- Washington, DC: September 22, 2016
- Northern Virginia: September 16, 2016
Urban Alliance’s High School Internship Program is a city-wide youth employment program. In addition to the year-round High School Internship Program, Washington, DC hosts a number of summer internship programs.
- World Bank Summer Internship Program
- The World Bank Summer Internship Program is open now for rising seniors. You must apply to be in the program.
- The application period for the 2016 World Bank Summer Internship Program is now closed.
- Economic Club of Washington, DC Scholars Internship Program
- The Economic Club Scholars Internship Program is offered exclusively for recipients of the David M. Rubenstein/Economic Club of Washington, DC Scholarships. You must apply to be int the program. Eligible scholars are rising juniors or seniors in college.
- The application period for the Economic Club Scholars Internship Program is now closed.
Urban Alliance’s Baltimore High School Internship Program is currently accepting students from:
- Augusta Fells Savage Institute of Visual Arts
- Carver Vocational Technical High School
- Coppin Academy
- Digital Harbor
- Forest Park
- Frederick Douglass
- Green Street Academy
- Independence School
- Mergenthaler Vocational-Technical High School
- Northwestern, Patterson
- REACH Partnership
- Reginald F. Lewis
- Vivien T. Thomas Medical Arts Academy
Urban Alliance’s Chicago High School Internship Program is currently accepting students from:
- Al Raby School for Community and Environment
- Benito Juarez Community Academy
- Carl Schurz
- Catalyst Maria Charter
- Christian Fenger Academy
- CICS Longwood
- Crane Medical Prep
- Crane Tech Prep
- Farragut Career Academy
- Gurdon S. Hubbard
- John Hancock College Preparatory
- John Marshall Metropolitan
- Julian, Kenwood Academy
- Little Black Pearl
- Marie Sklodowska Curie Metropolitan
- Muchin College Prep
- Nicholas Senn
- Paul Laurence Dunbar Career Academy
- Richards Career Academy
- Simeon Career Academy
- Steinmetz College Prep
- Team Englewood
- Thomas Kelly
- Wells Community Academy
- Wendell Phillips Academy High School
Urban Alliance’s Northern Virginia High School Internship Program is currently accepting students from:
- Arlington Career Center
- TC Williams
- Washington-Lee High School